It’s a wild time at the Jackson Zoo and there is MUCH to do!
The Jackson Zoo is open every day except December 25th from 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m., with last daily ticket sold at 3:30 p.m. (The zoo is open during inclement weather, but because of the varying needs of the animals, some buildings or exhibits may close early.
We are located at 2918 West Capitol Street, Jackson MS 39209, and the number to Admissions is 601-352-2580 ext 231.
Please note that the Zoo will be closed or closing early on the following dates:
- April 6th – Last ticket sold at noon, closed to public at 1 pm for ZOO BREW
- May 6th – Last ticket sold at 12:30 pm, grounds close at 2 pm for ZOO BLUES
- December 24th – last ticket sold at 1:30 pm, grounds close at 2 pm for CHRISTMAS EVE
- December 25th – zoo closed for CHRISTMAS DAY (exclusively animal care staff and security on grounds).
Keeper Chats are scheduled throughout the day, every day, weather permitting.
A Keeper Chat is when one of our professional animal care staff members will come out front and talk to visitors and members about the animals in their care.
10:15 am Start at SPIDER MONKEYS
11:00 am Start at CHIMP ISLAND
1:00 pm DISCOVERY ANIMAL ENCOUNTER at the Gertrude C Ford EDUCATION CENTER DISPLAY HALL
1:45 pm Starting at RED RUFFED LEMURS
2:15 pm Starting at COUGARS
3:00 pm Starting at GIRAFFES
The Splash Pad is open from 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. May through September (weather permitting).
Endangered Species Carousel ($2.00 per rider)
Livingston Train ($2.00 per rider)
Operate Daily from March 1st through Boo at the Zoo, then on weekends from 10 am until 3 pm thru first weekend in March.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS OR MEMBERSHIP NOW!
- 16 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult while visiting the zoo.
- School groups, please see the Education Page for details about School Group Rates.
- Discounts and passes do not apply on some special event dates. Additional rates may apply on special event dates. Please see the Event Page for details.
Guests must be respectful of others and abide by all zoo rules and regulations, which are posted at the front. The Jackson Zoo will not tolerate any illegal, unsafe or offensive behavior while visiting our facility. Please help us maintain a quality, family environment for all of our guests by not allowing others to use profanity, by not wearing inappropriate attire while in the park, and by smoking only in designated areas. If you have a safety concern, please bring it to management’s attention immediately.
25 cents of every admission goes directly to animal conservation. Learn more about our Conservation Partners.