Thank you for your interest in Jackson Zoo internship opportunities! By checking this site often, you can learn more about the Zoo and what we have to offer.
College students or recent graduates who wish to apply should send a cover letter and resume to the respective party, based on the internship description.
The cover letter should include the following:
- Why you are interested in an internship at the Jackson Zoo
- Where you heard about the intern program
- What intern opportunities interest you
- For Animal Care Internships- your first and second choices for animal area: Primates, Hoofstock, Carnivores, Discovery Zoo, Birds.
- What you would like to gain from an internship
Fall Semester internship
- runs first full week of September through the month of November
- application due July 31st
Spring Semester internship
- runs first full week of February through the month of April.
- application due December 31st
- runs first full week of June through the month of July.
- application due March 31st
Marketing and Communications Department
Description: will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and getting visibility for the Jackson Zoo. The intern will also assist with Annual Fund programs & projects and will be supervised by the Director of Major Gifts & Annual Fund.
Animal Care Department
Animal Care Internship
Description: The Jackson Zoo’s Animal Care Internship is an unpaid, un-benefited professional animal keeping intern position in various animal areas of the Jackson Zoo. Interns will provide animal care and perform husbandry training tasks to a large collection of exotic and domesticate animals.