Work with the Jackson Zoo
There are all sorts of jobs at the Jackson Zoo, from keepers to cafe, educators to events. Our team of dedicated staff help the Zoo reach its mission to provide quality recreational and educational experiences dedicated to wildlife care and conservation. If you share our core values and are passionate about wildlife and wild places, look below for current job opportunities.
Animal Care Department
- Seeking qualified applicants for Zoo Keeper positions available immediately. Successful applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check and be eligible for a Mississippi driver’s license.
- Seeking two part-time positions for animal care commissary. Responsible for daily preparation of animal diets, which includes ordering, preparing, and delivering diets and supplies for all animal areas as required. Read the full position announcement for complete list of responsibilities and how to apply.
- Seeking qualified applicants for full-time position to coordinate special events. The Special Events Coordinator plans and organizes special events for the Jackson Zoo to raise funds and/or awareness in the community.
- Seeking applicants for seasonal, part-time position to oversee birthday party events. Must be willing to work weekends.
- Seeking applicants to teach various education programs, on and off grounds, including but not limited to Zoo Mobiles, Wild Classrooms, and animal encounters. This is a variable-hours position. Weekend work will be required.