|The Jackson Zoo comes alive at night! Come see the zoo as you have never seen it before. The night will include an animal presentation, games and activities, a look behind the scenes with a keeper and a camp fire! Wake up the next morning to a continental breakfast and a guided walk around as the keepers “wake up” the zoo.|
This program is perfect for schools, scouts, church groups, and any group looking to do something wild and amazing!
- Nocturnal Animals
- Have you ever wondered what goes on outside after you are tucked into bed? Explore the zoo at night and discover why some animals prefer the night, and what adaptations or tools they use to survive until dawn.
- Animal Habitats
- We might not get to spend much time with animals in their natural habitats, but that doesn’t mean we can’t find out more about where they live, how they play, and how we can help them!
- Vanishing Act
- Why are some animals losing the fight for survival while others thrive? Discover the answer to this question and more as you explore and learn how zoos, and you, can help endangered species.
- $35 per person. Minimum of 15 participants (children and adults). Ask about our large group rate!
- Total payment due 1 week before program date.
- A $100 deposit is due 2 weeks after initial registration.
- Safari Slumbers are available Monday-Saturday nights. Pick the date that works best for you. Some date restrictions for Zoo events (i.e. Zoo Brew, Boo at the Zoo, Zoo Party, etc)
- Programs are booked on a first come, first served basis.
- All programs must be booked at least 1 month in advance.
- $100 deposit must be received 2 weeks after initial registration or your date will be released.
- In the event of a cancellation made by your organization less than one week before the scheduled program date, a $50 per program processing fee will be retained by the Jackson Zoo.
- The minimum age for Safari Slumbers is 7 years old.
- There must be at least 1 adult chaperone for every 10 children.
- Each participant must have a signed release form (provided by the zoo).
- The final count of participants is due 1 week prior to the program.
Book your Safari Slumber today by calling the Education office at: (601) 352-2580 ext 240.