The Jackson Zoo offers professional development opportunities for all educators.
Discover new and exciting ways to immerse your students in inquiry, experientials learn and environmental education. Teacher workshops are an interactive and fun way to learn.
|Inquiry Exploration||Inquiry is the process of observing, questioning and finding solutions. This interactive series will explore the world of inquiry and how it can be utilized in your classroom. While you can sign up for any one day of the series, this workshop has been designed as a full series. Sign up for the series and save!||
July 16, 17 & 18, 2013
Who can participate?
- All educators and individuals interested in learning.
When are programs available?
- Year round; please see dates and topics below.
How much are programs?
- Individual workshop dates are $25; includes materials and lunch
- Sign up for the Inquiry Exploration series and save! $70
Can I earn Continuing Education Units?
- Yes. Earn 0.5 CEUs for Ecosystems and Habitats, AMazing Adaptations, and Classification 101. Earn 0.6 CEUs for an individual Inquiry Exploration workshop.
- Continuing Education Credits available through Mississippi College. Separate check payment for $10 is to be made out to Mississippi College and brought to workshop.
Where do programs take place?
- All classes take place in the Gertrude C. Ford Education Building. Confirmation materials will be sent once you have registered.
Pre-registration is required for all workshops
or call (601) 352-2580 ext 240 to register.