|You say you can’t make it to the zoo? Don’t worry, the Jackson Zoo will come to you! Our specially trained zoo educators will load up a few of our resident education animals, some biofacts, and to turn your classroom into a zoo! All programs are 45 min.|
New Topics coming Spring 2016! Spring registration will open January 2016
Fur, Feathers, and Scales
- Why don’t all animals look the same? Answer this question and more as we look at the different types of animals and discover ways they are grouped and what they do to stand out.
- Ideal for young children and grades K-2
Habitat, Sweet Habitat
- What does it take to survive? For starters, a good home always helps. It’s all about the habitat, animals have different physical and behavioral adaptations to thrive where they live, let’s discover a few of them!
- It’s no magic trick, animals are vanishing. Why are they leaving? Learn about a few factors that are causing some animals to become endangered; most importantly learn what you can do to help them survive and flourish.
Our Wild World
- Animals are all around us and can leave wonderful lasting impressions. Discover and/or re-discover some of your favorite animals and get an up close experience with them that will be sure to rekindle your love for our wild world.
- Ideal for Sr. Citizens
- Festival style is for event-like programs where participants filter by various tables/vendors. Participants come up to a set table where they will talk with an instructor about the biofacts and animals that they brought. Multiple animals may not be out at the same time. Additional requirements for festival style programs.
- ZooMobiles are available Monday-Saturday.
- Programs are booked on a first come, first serve basis.
- All programs must be booked at least one month in advance.
- All programs must be paid for at least two weeks in advance or your program will be cancelled.
- In the event of a cancellation made by your organization less than one week before the scheduled program date, a $25 per program cancellation fee will be retained by the Jackson Zoo.
- The cost of ZooMobile is based on mileage:
- 0 – 20 miles = $85
- 21- 40 miles = $100
- 41- 60 miles = $150
- 61- 80 miles = $180
- Over 80 miles, please call for pricing
- Programs are designed for classrooms (approx. 30 students), but can accommodate up to 100 participants. However, the smaller the group, the more interactive it will be.
- Up to 2 consecutive additional programs of the same topic at the same site on the same day may be added for $40 per program. For festival style, additional hours may be added for $40 per hour, up to 2 additional hours.
- There will be an additional $30 fee for after-hours programs (programs after 5pm).
Book your Zoo Mobile today by calling the Jackson Zoo Education Department at: (601)352-2580 ext. 240.