It’s a wild time at the Jackson Zoo and there is MUCH to do!
We are located at 2918 West Capitol Street, Jackson MS 39209, and the number to Admissions is 601-352-2580.
The Jackson Zoo is open every day except December 25th from 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m., with last daily ticket sold at 3:30 p.m. (The zoo is open during inclement weather, but because of the varying needs of the animals, some buildings or exhibits may close early.)
- The Elephant House Cafe is open from 9:00 a.m-4:00 p.m.
- Discovery Zoo Contact Yard is open from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-2:00 p.m. Entrance is across from Red wolves, on the opposite side of the playground.
- Splash Pad is open from 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. May through September (weather permitting)
- The Livingston Train operates between 10 am and 4 pm daily, weather permitting, from March until end of October.
- The Endangered Species Carousel operates daily from 10 am to 12 pm and then from 1 pm to 3 pm, weather permitting, between March and end of October.
Please note that the Zoo will be closed or closing early on the following dates:
- May 7th – last ticket sold at 12:30 pm, grounds close at 2 pm for Zoo Blues
- December 24th – last ticket sold at 1:30 pm, grounds close at 2 pm for Christmas Eve
- December 25th – zoo closed for Christmas
- 16 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult while visiting the zoo.
- School groups, please see the Education Page for details about School Group Rates.
- Discounts and passes do not apply on some special event dates. Additional rates may apply on special event dates. Please see the Event Page for details.
Guests must be respectful of others and abide by all zoo rules and regulations, which are posted at the front. The Jackson Zoo will not tolerate any illegal, unsafe or offensive behavior while visiting our facility. Please help us maintain a quality, family environment for all of our guests by not allowing others to use profanity, by not wearing inappropriate attire while in the park, and by smoking only in designated areas. If you have a safety concern, please bring it to management’s attention immediately.
25 cents of every admission goes directly to animal conservation. Learn more about our Conservation Partners.