NOT AT FULL OPERATION DUE TO CONTINUING REPAIRS: Through the hard work of the Jackson Zoo staff, the City of Jackson crews, and the amazing JZ Volunteers, the zoo is open to the public for limited viewing. Currently, zoo hours are scheduled to be (weather permitting)
Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
10 am to 4 pm, with last ticket sold at 2:45 pm daily
Ages 13 years old and up: $8.00 each
Ages 2 -12 years: $5.00 each
Under the age of 2 years: Free
Due to reduced prices, no discounts are available.
Splash Pad is included with admission,
and rides on the Endangered Species Carousel are $2 per seat.
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to current temporary system, credit or debit cards can be used ONLINE ONLY. Window admission sales and gift shop sales are CASH ONLY.
Adults who show a completed vaccination card in their name when they arrive at Admissions will receive ONE FREE CHILD TICKET. (One free ticket per vaccination card, card can only be presented one time.)
**MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS.**
- ADMISSION HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO BE SECURED ONLINE. Daily tickets and JZ Member reservations can be arranged BEFORE arrival in our SHOP. Walk ups are not guaranteed entry.
- Only 500 persons are allowed in the park per day.
- FACE MASK POLICY** Per the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, all humans who are fully vaccinated (two weeks past their final dose) may drop their masks in the park unless coming within 6ft of other guests, staff or animal exhibits. All others must continue to cover their noses and mouths unless medically exempt. (Animals are still at risk.) ** Due to rise in Delta variant cases, masks ARE required to enter. They must be worn whenever you are within a building or within 6 feet of other guests, staff, or animal enclosures. A staff member may ask you at any time to put on your mask while on grounds due to safety in some higher risk areas.
- Groups must be 10 persons or less.
- All guests and staff must abide by the 6′ social distancing measures.
- Guests must follow the adjusted directional park trail (download current park map HERE)
- All high-volume public rooms and spaces housing animals in restricted ventilation systems remain closed until further notice, such as the Gertrude C Ford Education Building and Water Creatures.
- Gift Shop is open, but a mask is required to enter, and only 10 guests are allowed in at a time. When in the Splash Pad lounge and when riding the Endangered Species Carousel, guests must remained socially distanced from other guests or masked. (The Livingston Train is currently not running.)
- Dippin’Dots, Brick Street Pops, and Hot Diggity Dog concessions will be available near the cafe seating area on weekends and holidays, weather permitting. Pepsi vending machines are also available.
- No outside food or coolers are allowed inside the zoo, especially inside the Splash Pad. (Bottled water is allowed, but no coolers.)
- Due to unknown or unexpected animal behavior, only trained and/or certified Service Animals are allowed on zoo grounds. (Please make other arrangements for Therapy or Emotional Support Animals, which are not covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.)
- The Jackson Zoo is TOBACCO FREE. For the health of our animals, staff, & other guests, there is no area available for smoking, vaping, dipping, or any other tobacco-related activities once inside the zoo admission gates.
Get faster info by following our Facebook and Instagram pages (@JacksonZoo) and by signing up for e-blasts at the bottom of our home page.