LIMITED OPERATIONS: Through the hard work of the Jackson Zoo staff, the City of Jackson crews, and the amazing JZ Volunteers, the zoo is open to the public for limited viewing. Currently, zoo hours are scheduled to be (weather and city/state mandate permitting)
Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm, with last ticket sold at 2:45 pm daily.
- ADMISSION HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO BE SECURED ONLINE. Daily tickets and JZ Member reservations can be arranged BEFORE arrival in our SHOP. Walk ups are not guaranteed entry.
- Only 500 persons are allowed in the park per day.
- FACE MASK POLICY Per the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, all humans who are fully vaccinated (two weeks past their final dose) may drop their masks in the park unless coming within 6ft of other guests, staff or animal exhibits. All others must continue to cover their noses and mouths unless medically exempt. (Animals are still at risk.)
- Groups must be 10 persons or less.
- All guests and staff must abide by the 6′ social distancing measures.
- Guests must follow the adjusted directional park trail (download current park map HERE)
- All high-volume public rooms and spaces housing animals in restricted ventilation systems remain closed until further notice, such as the Gertrude C Ford Education Building and Water Creatures.
- Gift Shop will have limited outside access, and rides on the Endangered Species Carousel are limited and socially distanced. (The Livingston Train is currently not running.)
- Dippin’Dots, Brick Street Pops, and Hot Diggity Dog concessions will be available near the cafe seating area on weekends and holidays, weather permitting. Pepsi vending machines are also available.
- No outside food or coolers are allowed inside the zoo.
- Only Service Animals are allowed on zoo grounds. (Please make other arrangements for Therapy or Emotional Support Animals.)
Get faster info by following our Facebook and Instagram pages (@JacksonZoo) and by signing up for e-blasts at the bottom of our home page.