SOFT OPEN STATUS: Through the hard work of the Jackson Zoo staff, the City of Jackson crews, and the amazing JZ Volunteers, the zoo is open to the public for limited viewing on weekends and certain holidays. Currently, zoo hours are scheduled to be (weather and city/state mandate permitting)
Saturdays: 10 am to 4 pm
Sundays: 11 am to 4 pm
Other COVID-19 guidelines include:
- ADMISSION MUST BE SECURED ONLINE. Daily tickets and JZ Member reservations are now required BEFORE arrival, and can be purchased/reserved online in our SHOP. Walk ups are not guaranteed entry.
- Only 500 persons are allowed in the park per day.
- FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED unless medically exempt. (Until animal experts can find a way to make a tiger or a chimp wear a mask, all humans in the park will need to comply.)
- Groups must be 10 persons or less.
- All guests and staff must abide by the 6′ social distancing measures.
- Guests must follow the adjusted directional park trail (download current park map HERE)
- All high-volume public rooms and spaces remain closed until further notice: Playgrounds, Gertrude C Ford Education Building, Water Creatures, Backyard Creatures, and Splash Pad.
- Gift Shop will have limited outside access, and rides on the Endangered Species Carousel are limited and socially distanced. (The Livingston Train is currently not running, but scheduled to return.)
- Dippin’Dots, Brick Street Pops, and Hot Diggity Dog concessions will be available near the cafe seating area. Pepsi vending machines are also available.
- No outside food or coolers are allowed inside the zoo.
- Only Service Animals are allowed on zoo grounds. (Please make other arrangements for Therapy or Emotional Support Animals.)
Get faster info by following our Facebook and Instagram pages (@JacksonZoo) and by signing up for e-blasts at the bottom of our home page.