The Jackson Zoo Education Department is happy to offer reservations for schools and educators for school trips on Thursdays during the months of April and May! (See form below for specific dates.) We know that during the pandemic, many avenues for learning have been curtailed, and field trips have not been possible. However, the zoo benefits from being an outdoor facility, and at this time, we can offer exclusive hours to groups on certain days that make working within CDC safety guidelines a lot easier.
The zoo will be closed to the public on these days, but students can enjoy visiting the park with their school friends at discounted rates. They can view the animals, ride the Endangered Species Carousel ($1), and even purchase treats from Hot Diggity Dog, Dippin Dots and Brick Street Pops between 9 am and 3 pm on their selected day.
Even though the inside experiences like the Aquatics building and Backyard Creatures are still closed due to the pandemic, there is still plenty to see in the fresh air, creating a nice change from either in-school or virtual learning patterns. Students will see Eko the Sumatran tiger, KD Knox the Reticulated giraffe, Big Mike the Southern White rhino, Petal and Enzi the Grevy’s zebras, Mojo the Chimp, and more!
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Visits are by reservation only, allowing us to follow COVID-19 guidelines and capacity restrictions.
- All reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- Groups of 200 or more can ask for a day exclusive to their school.
- Students will be admitted for only $3 each.
- There needs to be at least one adult aged 18 or older per every 10 students. The class teachers and bus drivers are free, and any additional chaperones are only $4 each.
- Rides on the Endangered Species Carousel are only $1 each. (Unfortunately, the Livingston Train is not currently on property due to COVID-19.)
- With advance notice, Hot Diggity Dog will offer a hot dog combo with chips and a drink for $5; nachos for $6, and Dippin Dots and Brick Street Pops are $4 each.
**PLEASE NOTE that masks are still required for all staff and guests per the City of Jackson Mask Mandate and the Sixth Amended Stay Safe Jackson Executive Order. Until all humans are vaccinated and coronavirus cases drop significantly, we MUST protect the health of our staff and animals by wearing masks and following all CDC guidelines for stopping the spread of viruses. (Playgrounds and indoor exhibits are still not accessible due to COVID-19.)
Please call 601-352-2580 ext 245 for details or EMAIL HERE.