The Jackson Zoo Education Department is happy to offer reservations for schools and educators for school trips on Thursdays and Fridays for licensed teachers and educators! We know that during the pandemic, many avenues for learning have been curtailed, and field trips have not been possible.
Students can enjoy visiting the park with their school friends at discounted rates. They can view the animals, ride the Endangered Species Carousel ($1), and even purchase treats from Hot Diggity Dog, Dippin Dots and Brick Street Pops between 10 am and 4 pm on their selected day.
Even though the Aquatics building, Gertrude C Ford Education Center, and the playgrounds are still closed due to the pandemic, there is still plenty to see in the fresh air, creating a nice change from either in-school or virtual learning patterns. Students will see Eko the Sumatran tiger, KD Knox the Reticulated giraffe, Big Mike the Southern White rhino, Petal and Enzi the Grevy’s zebras, Mojo the Chimp, and more!
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Group rates are available by advance reservation only, allowing us to follow COVID-19 guidelines and capacity restrictions.
- All reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- Students will be admitted for only $3 each.
- There needs to be at least one adult aged 18 or older per every 10 students. The class teachers and bus drivers are free.
- Any additional chaperones after the one teacher per 10 students are only $4 each.
- Rides on the Endangered Species Carousel are only $1 each. (Unfortunately, the Livingston Train is not currently on property due to COVID-19.)
- With advance notice, Hot Diggity Dog will offer a hot dog combo with chips and a drink for $5; nachos for $6, and Dippin Dots and Brick Street Pops are $4 each.
**PLEASE NOTE that masks are still requested for all staff and guests. Until all humans are vaccinated, we MUST protect the health of our animals by wearing masks and following all CDC guidelines for stopping the spread of viruses.
Please call 601-352-2580 ext 227 for details or EMAIL HERE.