The Jackson Zoo is happy to offer reservations for schools and educators for school trips on Thursdays and Fridays for licensed teachers and educators!
Students can enjoy visiting the park with their school friends at discounted rates. They can view the animals, ride the Endangered Species Carousel ($1), and even purchase treats from Hot Diggity Dog, Dippin Dots and Brick Street Pops between 10 am and 4 pm on their selected day.
Even though the Aquatics building and the Gertrude C Ford Education Center remain closed for repairs or pandemic concerns, there is still plenty to see in the fresh air, creating a nice change from either in-school or virtual learning patterns. Students will see Eko the Sumatran tiger, KD Knox the Reticulated giraffe, Big Mike the Southern White rhino, Enzi the Grevy’s zebra, Mojo the Chimp, and more!
THINGS TO KNOW:
- School field trip rates are available by advance reservation only.
- All reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- Students will be admitted for only $3 each.
- There needs to be at least one adult aged 18 or older per every 10 students. One teacher per every 10 students and the bus driver(s), are free.
- Any additional chaperones or parents wishing to accompany their children are only $4 each.
- Rides on the Endangered Species Carousel are only $1 each. (Unfortunately, the Livingston Train is not currently on property.)
- With advance notice, Hot Diggity Dog will offer a hot dog combo with chips and a drink for $5; nachos for $6, and Dippin Dots and Brick Street Pops are $4 each.
**PLEASE NOTE the we follow the CDC guidelines when it comes to masking. We do, however, ask all humans to respect our animals (who cannot be vaccinated at this time), by continuing to follow the 6′ social distancing rules when near exhibits.
Please call 769-246-7747 for details or EMAIL HERE.